These helpful tips should help keep the plumbing in your bathroom running efficiently:
- Once a week run hot water down the drain to help keep it free-flowing..
- Repair leaky faucets to avoid further damage to the fixtures and faucets.
- Tubs and showers should be fitted with strainers that catch hair and soap chips. Clean the strainers regularly.
- To remove unsightly mineral deposits on your showerhead, put one cup of vinegar in a plastic bag and place it over the showerhead. Hold it in place with a twist tie and let stand overnight. In the morning, remove the bag and wipe off the mineral deposits with a damp cloth.
- Do not use your toilet as a wastebasket. Do not flush facial tissue, cotton balls, make-up pads, sanitary products or diapers as they do not dissolve and can clog the lines. Keep a trash container in each bathroom and toss these items away.